Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting To: Centre Manager
HIAS seeks to recruit reliever cooks, who will carry out the following functions;
- Oversees and participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of well-balanced main meals to shelter residents.
- Arranges and directs the appropriate storage of food and supplies
- Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account total population of the safe house
- Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify Head Cook of any deficiencies
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene and health are maintained in the kitchen
- Maintaining safety standards throughout all food preparation and storage areas;
- Perform any other duties as may be required
- Job specifications
- A certificate in Hotel and catering management or food and beverage
- Must have a valid medical certificate
- Should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in the catering industry
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to accurately read, measure, convert and follow recipes and assemble ingredients according to cooking standards and recipes.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team to ensure deadlines, goals and objectives are met.
- Comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Experience of high volume catering in a busy work place.
- Fully conversant with various cooking methods like boiling, baking, roasting and steaming
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, indicate Vacancy Notice No. HRTK/KEN/C/05/20 in the subject line. Applications not bearing the requirements highlighted in this advert will not be considered.
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.