Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) General insurance, the job holder shall develop and manage underwriting and reinsurance activities in accordance with the company’s underwriting and reinsurance policy and standards so as to meet and exceed customers and shareholders’ expectations.
- Oversee underwriting and reinsurance activities of general insurance business in Kenya
- Vet all risks to ensure that only quality business is accepted into the company at acceptable rates to ensure profitability and achievement of the set loss ratio targets
- Implement the underwriting strategy, philosophy, policies and procedures
- Ensure achievement of the agreed renewals retention targets in Kenya
- Ensuring that the risks undertaken by the company are adequately covered through reinsurance programmes
- Manage relationships with clients, intermediaries and service providers to ensure agreed service level agreements are achieved and goodwill with all stakeholders is maintained
- Ensuring timely preparation of reports
- Supervision, appraisal, training and development of staff in the department
- Manage staff and resources, provide direction, set goals and ensure the department goals are attained.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix
- A business related University Degree
- Professional Insurance qualification (CII or IIK)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in reinsurance field.
- In depth understanding of insurance operations and concepts
- Knowledge of underwriting processes, procedures and concepts
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Reinsurance Treaty, Facultative wording and Reinsurance Slips preparation
Unposting Date: 13-05-2020