Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KeMU is seeking to appoint an innovative individual with demonstrated high standards of personal and professional integrity as well as an outstanding track record in academic, research and business leadership for the position of Vice-Chancellor who will be the Chief Executive Officer of the University and expected to build a dynamic management team to execute the University’s vision and strategic direction.
For appointment to the position of the Vice-Chancellor, a person shall:
- Be a Professor or Associate Professor, holder of an earned doctorate degree or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have thorough knowledge in the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering university education in Kenya;
- Have at least ten (10) years hands-on experience at a senior level in managing a large and complex university or equivalent institution with demonstrable leadership, and management capacity including knowledge of financial management and strategic people management;
- Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record and demonstrated evidence in formulating and managing academic programmes, supervising and mentoring Masters and PhD students;
- Have a proven track record of research as evidenced by publications in peer reviewed journals, monographs and books;
- Have demonstrable experience in networking, resource mobilization and project management;
- Be innovative visionary leader with capacity to build a dynamic management team;
- Have a demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership;
- Must have good understanding of the current trends, education laws, policies and regulations governing the planning and management of Universities in Kenya; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
Tenure of Office: As per the Kenya Methodist University Charter and Statutes, the Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a duration of five (5) years with the possibility of one term renewal for a further five (5) years subject to positive appraisal by Council.
How to Apply
Applications shall only be made electronically, should be clearly marked “Application for the position of Vice-Chancellor” and addressed to:
The Chairman of Council,
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267-60200
The electronic copy of application dossier (Application, Curricula Vitae, Copies of certificates and other testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to the Chairman of Council by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted on or before close of business day of 15th May, 2020.