Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role of Roving Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is a new role within the decentralised Coordination Team, based in Manilla, Nairobi and The Hague. Based on the learnings of the 2019 Mid-Term Review, it was decided to decentralise the global MEL officer into two regional roles: one for Africa and one for South East Asia. These decentralised roles would ensure closer liaisons with the country teams in realising their M&E plan, as part of the global results framework.
As Voice’s Roving M&E officer, you develop plans and reports related to the progress and impact of the Voice programme, in line with the global results framework. In close liaison with the country and regional teams of Oxfam (Novib) and Hivos respectively you will coordinate and lead on information gathering and impact measurement in East and West Africa. Together with your colleague in South East Asia and your colleagues in country and regional offices, you develop tools for tailor-made assessments, monitoring and evaluations. You also ensure processing monitoring information in the programme registration system. Furthermore, you lead on in-country implementation of the Outcome Harvesting, change stories’ and other relevant qualitative data gathering processes, in close collaboration with the South East Asia Roving M&E Officer and with your colleagues in country and regional offices.
- To ensure quality delivery against the global Voice results framework, taking into account the Hivos and Oxfam (Novib) results framework.
- To develop, assess and refine a global inventory of context-specific tools and approaches for data gathering and analysis, using the Oxfam (Novib) system as a basis.
- To lead on Voice M & E activities for Africa, ensuring coherence with the global plan.
- To act as a focal point for M & E related communications in Africa.
- To enhance quality of country level reporting on results and outcomes in the 6 African Voice focus countries.
- Develops global-level plans and reports related to the progress and impact of the Voice programme, together with South East Asia Roving M& E officer.
- Together with Voice country teams, develops country-level M & E plans and reports aligned to the global results framework.
- Coordinates the overall programme information gathering and impact measurement process and makes sense of country-level outcome and output data for Africa.
- Processes project monitoring and evaluation information of the global grants in the programme registration system.
- Supports country teams in Africa to process project monitoring and evaluation information of grants in the programme registration system.
- Supports country teams to gather and analyse project output and outcome data, as per the overall M & E plan.
- Coordinates the development and peer-evaluation of tools for tailor-made assessments, project monitoring and evaluations.
- Leads on overall functioning, and manages in-country implementation of the Outcome Harvesting, change stories’ and other relevant qualitative data gathering processes, in close collaboration with the South East Asia Roving M&E Officer and Communications Hub.
- Together with the L&L coordinator and L&L Community of Practice, develops and curates a global Voice knowledge management and learning system.
- Ensures evidence-based cross-fertilisation with other programmes in-country and in the region.
Technical skills and experience
- Relevant academic education in the field of social studies or equivalent in work experience.
- 3 years’ professional experience in similar local context.
- Affinity with data monitoring and administration.
- Experience in gathering, analysing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French.
Other essential skills
- Well-organised and results-oriented.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to perform high quality tasks independently.
- Team player, networker, socially interactive.
You have a relevant academic education in the field of social studies or equivalent in work experience. You have at least 3 years of experience with M&E, preferably in developing countries. You are a well organised, independent, decisive and energetic person. You perform quality tasks independently. You have affinity with data monitoring and administration. Your communication skills are excellent both oral and in writing in English and French. Finally, we expect you to have good social interaction skills and affinity with working on diversity and inclusion. Nothing about us Without Us or NOW-Us! is (y)our mantra!
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment within a professional international organisation with very dedicated staff. You will be based in any of the countries (i.e. Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda) either at an Oxfam or Hivos office, while your contract will be with Hivos East Africa. The employment is initially offered for the period of 1 year. The starting date will be as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Submit your application through SkillsMap. Applications and motivation letters should be received by 15 May, 2020. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must live and work in Kenya, or in one of the other countries covered by this position. We especially encourage applications from the rightsholders Voice stands for.
Women, persons with disability and individuals from other minority groups are encouraged to apply.