Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII) is a regional Not for Profit development organization with over 10 years of experience in delivering agricultural development and resilience-building interventions focused on value chain development in the ASAL and other counties of Kenya. The NGO is concerned with the promotion of sustainable agricultural practices to eradicate hunger and extreme poverty by implementing innovative, enterprising and sustainable interventions that contribute to mainstreaming good agricultural practices and market-oriented approaches, generating and diversifying household incomes among smallholder farmers and enterprising youth & women enterprises, thereby contributing to the long term agenda of ensuring a food secure and a heathy nation.
SAII is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of an Administrative Assistant, reporting directly to the Regional Project Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Type, process and file correspondence, reports and other materials.
- Develop and maintain effective filing, archiving and record keeping systems, both paper and electronic.
- Pro-actively manage the Organization emails, in-tray and diary of the Regional Project Manager and ensure appropriate priority is given and action is taken in response.
- Handling of confidential information and sensitive issues reliably.
- Make suitable and efficient travel arrangements for field staff, supervisors and any visitor and undertake all associated administration, management of local travel schedules and project vehicles.
- Support and host visitors from the region and elsewhere – arranging inductions and other programmes for them ensuring high level of care.
- Data entry using software such as Excel and Access.
- Organization and preparation of meetings and taking minutes / reporting on such meetings.
- Obtain / maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure efficient, timely and accurate recording and payment of accounts payable.
- Thorough audit of all transactions at point of entry ensuring appropriate purchase order matching, credit terms and adherence to appropriate authorization and budget confirmation and clearance.
- Process all bank payments and receipts ensuring all cash inflows and outflows are properly recorded and bank accounts are reconciled at the end of each month.
- Process monthly recurring journals and end of month journals and ensure all expenses for the month are posted.
- Ensure complete documentation and audit trails for each transaction is maintained, filled and easily retrieved.
- Ensure financial statements are accurate and that they reflect the position of the Organization and documentation is complete and ready for audit.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the office.
- Ensure all administrative reporting deadlines are met with accurate and timely reporting of financial matters.
- Administer and organize capacity building activities
- Support the Client in preparing tenders and the purchase of equipment as and when required.
- Perform any other assignment given by the Regional Project Manager.
- At least a business-related degree certificate or related fields;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business and project administration;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent IT skills especially MS Office Suite;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Past experience with NGOs, donor agencies and project management would be an added advantage.
Candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV and a cover letter motivating their interest in the position, detailing current and expected salary and Skype and mobile contacts to by COB 22nd May 2020 and follow the application instructions on the site.