Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is to empower the poor and marginalized people to effectively access justice and realize their human and people’s rights through advocacy, networking, lobbying, legal aid and education, legal representation and research.
The Forced Migration Program
Based at the Nairobi branch office and Mombasa Regional Office, the Forced Migration Program is specifically devoted to the welfare of urban refugees in Kenya. KITUO seeks to recruit, in the Forced Migration Program, a dynamic, self driven and result oriented person to fill in the above-cited position in the Nairobi program.
Reporting to the Coordinator Forced Migration Program, he/she will carry out the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing the mental health status of refugees and producing a data base
- Providing individual counseling, support groups or group psychotherapy
- Collaborate closely with legal officers in terms of case management and follow-up of clients
- Providing training for non-clinical staff regarding trauma-related issues and self-care strategies
- Sensitizing refugee communities regarding trauma and empowering them to develop own strategies to overcome consequences of war and violence
- Provide training for and supervise community members working as lay-counselors
- Program development including proposal and report writing and financial monitoring
- Advocacy & Networking
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology or related field. A master’s degree in a similar discipline will be an added advantage
- Proven knowledge and experience in providing technical support to MHPSS programs.
- 3 years of professional experience in working with survivors of war, political violence and torture, preferably in an NGO context.
- Experience in the participatory development of community-based programs.
- Very good command of Kiswahili and English, oral and written.
- Knowledge of refugee-related (legal) issues is an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal & intercultural skills.
- Registered with the Kenya Counselling and Psychological Association.
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant testimonials, day telephone number and email address should be addressed to;
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
KITUO CHA SHERIA (LEGAL ADVICE CENTER)
P.O. BOX 7483- 00300
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must reach us at the close of business on 31st May 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted.