Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LEGAL OFFICER –KUTRRH/LEGO/275–1POST
Reporting to the Corporation Secretary and Head of Legal Services,the Legal Officer will be responsible for providing legal advice to the institution for it to make informed legal decisions, preparing, vetting and reviewing of legal contracts, legal instruments, and all legal documents relating to the institution’s activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the statutory requirements.
- Assist in conducting legal research.
- Assist in preparation of contracts and agreements and offer advice on the terms and conditions on the same to the management and the relevant departments on the best approach to safeguard their interests.
- Assist in reviewing and documenting information relevant to a case including generating pre-trial preparation documents.
- Preparing legal briefs and legal opinions under the direction of the head of legal services.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts.
- Reviewing ongoing cases and advising management accordingly.
- Reviewing contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensuring that they are in compliance with statutory or legal requirements.
- Assist in maintaining and updating information on new developments in law.
- Carry out any other duties generally as may be directed by the Corporation Secretary from time to time.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized institution and a Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Previous relevant work and at least 2 years post admission experience.
- Possession of a current Practicing Certificate.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Team player
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via the Job Application Portal
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER].
Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 15th June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through KUTRRH emails.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer