Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RESEARCH OFFICERS – KUTRRH/DTRIRO/273 -2 POSTS
Reporting to the Research Manager, the Job holder will be responsible for developing research protocols, carrying out research and its dissemination through publications and other wider scientific activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate research projects from the early planning stages to project completion.
- Develop research work plans according to project needs.
- Develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes.
- Data collection and computation
- Support in monitoring and evaluating research projects.
- Coordinating and handling the master files for clinical research being done in the hospital.
- Review gathered research and analyze various sets of data. Interpret data and write reports.
- Verify that information on databases remains secure, as well as ensure that all team members complete their tasks and work cooperatively with the team.
- Contribute to strategic development and planning
- Provide significant assistance in preparing documentation (for things such as ethics applications, training materials, research and conference papers), including undertaking literature reviews and data analysis
- Support the development and implementation of the annual research budget including the award of research grants and scholarships
- Analyze and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with and control sensitive, confidential information.
- Any other assigned duties.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Biomedical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Public Health, any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- At least 3 years’ experience in conducting research;
- Research experience in a health-related institution, project management and knowledge in statistical computer software programs will be added advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Research /investigation Skills
- Technical Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Resource Mobilization and Proposal writing skills
- Training and capacity building skills
- Financial literacy
- Project Management Skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via the Job Application Portal
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER].
Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 15th June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through KUTRRH emails.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer