Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing processing strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, maximizing efficiency, optimizing production levels and driving operational excellence. Provide clear leadership and vision, inspire and motivate staff to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills. Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the processing function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards. Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritized and facilitated, direct, drive implementation of Lean Business strategy, and drive Continuous Improvement across all processing.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Create and implement best practice processing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that processing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Take ownership of the processing policy, guidelines and any associated documents.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative processing processes.
- Coordinate team activities to optimize cost performance of the plant through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development.
- Develop and manage master production schedule and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality and timelines.
- Operate a process for safe selection of external contractors. Ensure all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value.
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to
- Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor, develop direct reports, and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives. Work with the processing team to translate site strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs, and to track them.
- Set departmental objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvement
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Responsible for developing the appropriate departmental structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and the customers’ deliverables.
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles.
- Complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate.
- Prepare the annual processing budget and forecasts all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Proactively work with product line management, Engineering, Quality service and other departments to incorporate best practices into the processing environment.
- Report on processing activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on processing activities
- Review environmental strategies that affect future ways of operating and ensure implementation where possible.
- Review opportunities to be as environmentally friendly as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in production planning and capacity management in FMCG companies.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership and team working skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 05th June 2020; only successful candidates will be contacted.