Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ADVERT NO. 11/2020 – DEPUTY DIRECTOR LEGAL COMPLIANCE, JOB GRADE BRS 3 (1) POST
The Deputy Director Legal, Compliance shall be reporting to the Director Legal Compliance and Research.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Director shall oversee the overall coordination and management of the Legal and Compliance function at the Service. The specific duties and responsibilities shall include: To develop, review and implement the Services’ legal policies, contracts, Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) and all other legal documents, Safeguard the legal interests of the Service by advising on and ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements, Prepare court records and forward them to the appropriate courts; prepare Legal opinions; Undertake litigation for the Service; Ensure relevant policies are implemented in line with the existing guidelines, Provide the necessary information to guide the formulation and amendment of relevant policies and guidelines. Recommend to the Government any improvements in the relevant laws, Ensure that the Service complies with statutory and other regulatory requirements by undertaking periodic legal audit compliance.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Deputy Director Legal Compliance if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has seven (7) years post admission experience;
- Has served in the grade of Assistant Director Legal services or any similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized university;
- A master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Must be a member ,in good standing, of the Law society of Kenya (LSK)
- Demonstrates administrative and professional competence;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Demonstrates computer literacy skills.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers serving in the Public Service for vacant posts in the Business Registration Service.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form may be downloaded from the Business Registration Service website www.brs.go.ke, the Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke, and Africa Management Solutions Limited website www.amsol.co.ke
The completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com on or before 15 th June, 2020.