Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Policy Research and Advocacy Manager will be responsible for pro-actively addressing cereal farmer and member needs related to the policy and regulatory environment. This will be through the generation of evidence-based policy recommendations to Government and partners. The holder of the position will take lead in tracking and analyzing developments in the agriculture policy and regulatory environment and craft necessary responses at both national and/or county level to ensure cereal faring remains a sustainably viable undertaking. As such, the holder will in essence be a two-way link between members and the policy makers in the policy and regulatory process.
Terms of Employment: Contract
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Farmer representation
- In consultation with the board and grassroots farmer leaders, identify priority policy advocacy issues.
- Facilitating dialogue forums at both national and grassroots levels to develop common positions on key policy advocacy issues.
- Informing and training members on how policy issues affect their businesses.
- Evidence building and policy research:
- Constantly reviewing the agricultural policy and regulatory environment and highlight any areas of concern.
- Taking lead in the design of appropriate actions to address any areas of concern including the development of policy position papers to guide CGA’s policy advocacy agenda.
- Providing regular policy briefs drawn from both draft and concluded policy and legislative actions.
- Policy advocacy execution
- In consultation with relevant stakeholders, prepare and submit the Association’s position on emerging issues in the cereals sub sector.
- Present the organization’s position at relevant policy, legislation and regulation shaping convenings.
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Liaising with relevant government agencies, departments and partners to follow through on recommended interventions.
- Keeping stakeholders informed on the organization’s policy interventions.
Requirements for The Post of Policy Research & Advocacy Manager
- Bachelor’s degree is essential (Agricultural Economics, Law or related studies) with a Master’s degree in any of the fields being an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in agricultural policy formulation, research and advocacy.
- Good understanding of the country’s legislative and policy making process.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication, networking and mobilization skills.
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email contacts) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to email@example.com before or on 15th June 2020. The position title should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
Cereal Growers Association (http://www.cga.co.ke) is an equal opportunity employer.