Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, KE
Novo Nordisk is looking for a motivated and self-driven individual to take up the role of Supply Chain Manager. This person will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will be responsible for performing supply chain activities to ensure an optimal and uninterrupted value chain setup, business operations, and product flow to all the countries in the Middle Africa Affiliate.
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa Affiliate
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa Affiliate consists of 49 countries and was formed early 2012. Novo Nordisk has a well-established presence in Africa with the best quality human insulin and our focus today is to sustain the growth of the market, ensure patient access to higher quality modern insulin and newer product formulations and support the people living with diabetes. The Middle Africa management team is based in Nairobi, Kenya and the business operations are regionally managed through our offices in Nairobi, Lagos, Abidjan, and Dakar.
- Drive Sales & Operations Planning process with relevant stakeholders.
- Flag pro-actively any supply and logistics risks, overstock risks and freshness risk to mitigate the potential issues. Escalate relevant issues to the Finance, Logistics and IT Manager (FLIT) and in Sales and Operations meetings.
- Own forecasting process and suggest actions to improve the forecast accuracy.
- Deliver analytics and insights to Middle Africa (MA) management team to ensure basis for data and evidence-based decision making.
- Act as reliable, analytical, and business savvy sparring partner to the FLIT Manager and the rest of MA management team, proactively extracting actionable insights.
Oversee and when needed perform logistics management:
- Plan the supply for MA markets, in close collaboration with regional managers, Commercial Affairs and Strategy (CAS) and FLIT Managers, by placing and monitoring orders to Novo Nordisk factories, monitoring stock levels and ensuring optimum level of inventory.
- Create orders in SAP R3 in accordance with approved material numbers, incoterms, prices and payment terms.
- Inform Customers/internal stakeholders on delivery times and changes.
- Participate in launch coordination meetings and coordinate the alignment between MA and Product Supply (PS) Launch Office.
- Act as the main contact between Product Supply, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Shipping and other internal NN departments to assure timely delivery of the requested orders.
- Provide input to agreements with third parties.
- Maintain customer and price lists in SAP.
- Ensure that documents required by customers/customs authorities are compliant and delivered on time.
- Check diligently L/Cs to avoid any discrepancies. Control the L/C and relevant bank documents upon receipt and ensure that required conditions are applicable.
- Issue Debit/Credit notes/ Pro-forma Invoices in compliance with ICQ when required.
- Keep and maintain a systematic and sustainable filing/archiving system for all order related documents.
- Retain/archive documents in compliance with local regulations of all markets based on the local and corporate document retention guidelines.
Value Chain Management:
- Evaluate and suggest options for value chain management.
- Act as sparring partner to CAS team and pricing responsible and provide timely and relevant input to maximize pricing strategy.
- Suggest options for optimising customer contracts and drive implementation together with Regional Managers (RMs).
- Project manager for MA supply chain project in which viable options for MA supply chain optimization are identified and evaluated, and the course of action suggested.
To qualify for the position you must have:
- A relevant B.Sc, Engineering or similar.
- M.Sc. in Supply Chain or business administration would be a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in supply chain and logistics in an international company, preferably in supply chain analytics, logistics handling, customer service and import/export environment.
- Proven experience and exposure to international trade and good knowledge of international trade tools.
- Demonstration of successful project management with cross-functional and cross-cultural projects.
At Novo Nordisk, we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes. We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.
Deadline 12 June 2020