Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall Description of the Position
Work as part of an agile team to design and implement new IT features and technologies. Deliver high quality and performance code in an agile environment. Use, evaluate and learn exciting new technologies that keep products and teams on the cutting edge. Provide technical direction and oversight for a single development project. Provide leadership to cross-functional teams. Lead the design, development, and maintenance of complex solutions with a focus on quality, performance and resiliency
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar technical discipline
Experience; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 years systems development experience
- Successful full life-cycle implementation of a least 2 major projects
· Specialized Knowledge:
- Experience with software development methodology and release processes
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Possess different industries as a technical architect, from planning the structure of a large scale records database to the redesigning of a shop’s e-commerce facility, to name a few.
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Possesses full working knowledge of technologies such as UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server and TCP/IP for example, as well as knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Ability to recognize the sensitivity to individual organizations needs and the impact on services of the introduction of IT solutions.
How to apply
Kindly send your application that includes a Cover letter and an updated CV, saved as one document with your name, including names of three professional referees to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu on or before 15thJune, 2020. Applicants are advised to include the position title “Regional Software Development Specialist” as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.