Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: East Africa Manager, Technical Customer Support
We are searching for a stellar Technical Customer Support Manager to join our product team. This hands-on leader will oversee a team of system support representatives to provide enterprise-level technical assistance to our customers and internal users across East Africa. Essential qualities for this role include obsessive attention to detail, effective written and oral communication across a variety of roles, and technical abilities to address reported issues directly. The System Support Manager is the person ultimately in charge to make sure that technical issues are raised and resolved in a structured and timely manner to achieve the highest possible level of customer satisfaction as well as internal team efficiency.
Location: This role may be based out of any one of our following major offices:
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Kampala, Uganda
- Kigali, Rwanda
The successful candidate will possess:
- Extensive hands-on experience with technical support in an agile software environment
- Experience in managing teams of technical or customer support oriented staff
- Track record of devising & implementing robust processes that prevent any technical issues/bugs from falling between the cracks.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- SQL database querying, web and/or mobile coding experience strongly preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and further continue to grow a team of system support representatives across East Africa
- Continually improve & implement tools and processes for issue tracking and resolution
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues by querying databases and other systems
- Ask users targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk users through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they have solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate technical teams
- Document technical knowledge in the form of knowledge bases and user manuals