Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Chemonics seeks a community health technical writer for the USAID-funded Human Resources for Health in 2030 (HRH2030) program. As USAID’s global health workforce flagship program, HRH2030 provides strategic thought leadership, communication, and implementation support to strengthen community health worker (CHW) programs. This support includes technical assistance with developing country cases to demonstrate national progress toward high-quality CHW programs and to inform USAID’s vision for health systems strengthening for the next decade. The country case for Kenya and policy snapshot (which the country case references) must be further developed in a way that maximizes country deliverables’ complementarity and cohesion. The community health technical writer will support the finalization of the Kenya CHW case study. To do so, the writer will work with stakeholders, including USAID and UNICEF Kenya, to determine how to prioritize content. The writer will then revise and finalize the case study. This work may be conducted remotely. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Revise the draft Kenya CHW case study
- Finalize the Kenya CHW case study as a high-quality document based on new prioritized content and input from stakeholders
- Support the government, USAID, and UNICEF Kenya in developing an abstract to submit to the Global Health: Science and Practice’s call for abstracts
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public health, including in design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of health systems strengthening and primary health care in developing countries
- Demonstrated experience leading health sector project teams, especially in health systems strengthening and primary health care at the community level
- Familiarity with USAID policies and practices
- Comprehensive understanding of USAID’s initiatives and health programming/investment context
- Experience working with USAID on assessments, strategic planning, or project design and development while using evidence-based approaches
- Extensive report-writing experience
- Strong analytical skills and policy acumen
- Excellent facilitation, planning, consensus-building, and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a schedule and produce deliverables on time
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of the Kenyan context or experience working in Kenya preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to Apply
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Kenya Community Health Technical Writer” in the subject line to HRHCorePMU@chemonics.com by June 19, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data.