Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title:** Program and Sponsorship Coordinator
Location:** Country Office
Reporting Relationship**: Program Manager
The Program and Sponsorship Coordinator will oversee the implementation of program and sponsorship activities in the Metropolitan Program Area, covering Mukuru and Kasarani in Nairobi, Kerwa in Kiambu, and Mitubiri in Murang’a. S/he will supervise and coordinate program and sponsorship activities, ensuring program and sponsorship quality standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are met and workplans and reporting timelines are adhered to. S/he will manage and supervise four (4) community-based Project and Sponsorship Officers in carrying out their assignments in a quality, timely and accountable way and ensure adherence to Child Safeguarding policies and protocols.
· Coordinate all program and sponsorship activities implemented in the four communities of Kasarani, Mukuru, Kerwa and Mitubiri under the Metropolitan Program Area.
· Assist the Program Manager in the design, development, and implementation of the Metropolitan Annual Operation Plan and Budget (AOPB) and other program strategic plans and frameworks,
· Guide and supervise the implementation, monitoring, review and reporting of program activities in the four communities and facilitate cross community sharing of experiences and lessons leant.
· Prepare and/or consolidate weekly and monthly program progress reports,
· Facilitate integration of program and sponsorship intervention/activities in all phases of the project cycle – design, development, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
· Engage and mobilize enrolled children and their families to fully participate in program and sponsorship activities,
· Ensures sponsorship systems and processes are well managed and adhered to according policies, procedures and standards and that sponsorship database information is accurate, up-to-date, and utilized for management decision making,
· Review sponsorship materials – correspondence, communications, and products for compliance, both in timeliness and content. Ensures Child Information Folders and process re-assignment Material are updated on a weekly basis,
· Works with project and sponsorship officers and Sponsorship Relations Volunteers to develop capacities and accountability for the delivery of sponsorship requirements. This includes improving competencies of staff to develop and implement a meaningful sponsorship approach which is sustainable, of value for families and children, and is responsive to donor perspectives.
· Administrates the sponsorship system (Salesforce) for the Program Area and ensures it is maintained and operated according to the organization’s prescribed quality standards, develops, and correctly uses reports from the system and analyzes sponsorship information, interpret trends and generates insights,
· Facilitate sponsor visits in close collaboration and consultation with the CO and ensure all sponsor visit protocols are adhered to.
· Be alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills necessary for promoting strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and ensure full adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy
· Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or development studies.
· More than 4 years progressive work experience in community development with a focus on children and youth welfare and development in not-for-profit environment,
· Practical experience in implementation of project activities in both urban informal settlements and rural set-up,
· Strong interpersonal communication skills, including good written and oral communication skills in English and fluency in Swahili.
· Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Familiarity with process-oriented operations and workflows, well as with policies and standards.
· Team player and with ability to supervise a team
· Excellent organization and prioritizing skills – ability to handle and perform in fast-paced, multi-task environment
· Desire to learn process management tools; process management experience a plus
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application Procedure **Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to KenyaHR@childfund.org to reach us not later than Thursday, 25th June 2020 to; Human Resources Director ChildFund Kenya P.O. Box 14038-00800, Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.