Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title:** Program Manager
Location:** Country Office
Reporting Relationship**: Area Manager – Eastern
Responsible for managing and supervising the effective design, development, implementation, review and reporting of program and sponsorship activities in the Metropolitan Program Area. S/he will coordinate linkages between the children, community, local leaders, national and county stakeholders, and partners with ChildFund Kenya. The Program Manager will ensure smooth linkage between ChildFund program and sponsorship technical staff at Country office (CO) and staff of the Metropolitan Program Area.
· Provides strategic leadership in the management of the Metropolitan Program Area to attain organisation goals and objectives,
· Lead and oversee the development of a Program Area Strategic Plan in accordance to organizational policies and procedures, the Strategic Plan of the Country Office, Community priorities and the best-practices of community planning.
· Supervises the program and sponsorship teams of the program area to effectively undertake their roles and responsibilities in delivering quality program and sponsorship to the enrolled children and their families in the communities of Mukuru, Mitubiri, Kasarani and Kerwa,
· Coordinates preparation, submission for approval of the Annual Operation Plan and budget (AOPB),
· Oversees the implementation, monitoring, review and reporting of AOBP and share with CO and LPs experiences and lessons leant.
· Participate in all forums, coordination, and partnership meetings with all stakeholders within the Metropolitan Program Area and those that involve ChildFund Local Partners,
· Ensure effective collaborate between Metropolitan Program Area staff with enrolled children, their parents, community sponsorship relations volunteers and local community leaders and stakeholders in the implementation of programs and sponsorship activities in the staff assigned areas,
· Work with program staff implementing grant funded projects in the program area and ensure they are aligned and integrated to the program activities,
· Builds positive and productive relations with local partners, communities, enrolled families, and national and county levels authorities in Kasarani, Mukuru, Kerwa and Mitubiri.
· Raises awareness of organization as a leader of child development and a leader of children’s issues and ensures clear communication channels between stakeholders and staff.
· Oversee management, accountability and effective utilization, reporting and auditing of all financial resources, organizational assets and property,
· Provides capacity building opportunities to staff and ensures all staff are accountable and compliant with organizational policies/procedures and local laws/regulations.
· Ensure child safeguarding in integrated in all program activities and all staff are trained and adhere to organizational child safeguarding policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 5 years’ experience in a similar position on preferably in a community development NGO
· Demonstrated experience with managing development programs, preferably in a technical area, community development and/or child-focused programming
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
· Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
· Demonstrated technical expertise in such areas as: project, budget and resource management.
· Demonstration of knowledge of program design; grant acquisition and management; providing oversight and accountability grant funded programs; resource stewardship, and cross functional coordination
· Computer proficiency in general office software (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
· Experience in resource mobilization, coordination and negotiation and social policy.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree required in relevant discipline such as Development Studies, Economic, Business management, Agriculture, education etc
A post graduate certificate or diploma in project planning, community development or related studies will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to KenyaHR@childfund.org to reach us not later than Thursday, 25th June 2020 to; Human Resources Director ChildFund Kenya P.O. Box 14038-00800, Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.