Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
General Position Summary
Mercy Corps is seeking an experienced and field-tested Africa Regional Advisor for Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL). The Regional MEL Advisor role is a field-based position meant to support the countries in the Africa region to implement sound M&E systems, assist with the roll out of existing and new MEL guidance, including Mercy Corps’ internal indicator tracking system, ‘TOLA’, and promote the use of data for decision making and conduct training as needed. The role is further designed to support the other core program performance requirements (e.g., indicator selection, program design elements, program quality assurance, program management principles, use of mobile technology for data collection and analysis, and MEL that supports adaptive management). The rollout will include engagement with country-level MEL staff, existing MEL program staff, program managers and country and regional leadership, and with HQ MEL advisors. Responsibilities will include assessment of the current state of MEL in the region and training staff in each country in adopting MEL best practices. The Regional MEL Advisor will need to engage with field leadership to nurture and help develop an effective, impact-driven leadership culture. The first responsibility for this position is to develop a detailed workplan for the fiscal year in coordination with the global support of the Program Performance and Quality team (of which MEL is a part).
Knowledge and Experience
● BA in international development or other relevant social science (MA preferred).
● Seven years of experience working in international relief and development programs, with at least three years focused on providing M&E technical support to field programs, and at least four years working overseas preferred.
● Demonstrated skill with program design, including assessments, proposal development, indicator selection and M&E planning.
● Demonstrated skill and experience with facilitating program design processes, logical frameworks, theories of change, and overall program logic.
● Experienced in training and capacity-building (in person and remotely) and fostering a collaborative relationship with field practitioners and management,
● Experience with data analysis and presentation using Excel, Access, and advanced data analysis and visualization packages, as well as mobile data collection platforms. Additional software and technical skills (databases,GIS, and statistical packages) preferred.
● Experience designing practical and effective monitoring systems, including data and database management systems.
● Strong communication skills; able to work remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
● Fluent in English and French strongly preferred.
● Strong team player, good communication and diplomatic skills
● Able to facilitate complex team dynamics and achieve aims
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Good organizational skills and ability to work independently.
● Strong commitment to advancing learning in international development through monitoring and evaluation
● Active within the M&E and learning community
● Strong relationship-building skills and commitment to working collaboratively