Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role is supposed to help Shelter Afrique to achieve its mission to be the pre-eminent provider of financial, advisory and research solutions towards addressing the sever need for decent and affordable housing in Africa and to achieve sustainable development impact through public and private partnerships. The Trade Finance product is designed to provide crucial linkages for the transfer and importation of key construction industry needs to support the mission.
The role of Manger, Trade Finance is primarily finding and developing of opportunities for business development in trade finance across all member states. The position holder will participate in drawing up annual business development plans in trade finance and to implement these plans with support the Head of New Business.
The role reports into the Head of New Business.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Originating and completing trade finance transactions across member countries in liaison with Regional Business Managers and with support from the Head of New Business;
• Structuring transactions, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution;
• Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of Africa trade finance;
• Translate business development plans into real business for Shelter Afrique from all segments of trade finance market e.g. (Factoring; Forfaiting; Remittance-backed business; Investment Banking etc…)
• Design schemes and roadshows for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of Shelter Afrique’s activities;
• Manage given portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalised within optimal time;
• Supporting the Enterprise-wide Risk Management department with information to facilitate the credit process and the legal department in the facilitation of transaction documentation;
• In line with the above, liaise with Shelter Afrique’s Operations department to ensure that once approval is got, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
• Establishing ties with market participants including Building Material Manufacturers, Affordable Housing Contractors and Developers, Housing Ministries, Finance Ministries, international banks, African financial institutions, (trade finance intermediaries), corporates and commodity boards and organizations;
• Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance;
• Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organisation and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, projectrelated financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
• Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Additional skills in French language is a definite advantage;
• Proven experience in marketing trade and project finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products;
• Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Shelter Afrique’s objectives;
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to email@example.com by 30th June 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We an equal opportunity employer.