Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We seek to recruit a hands-on and result-oriented individual for the above position.
- Assist in developing or updating standard operating procedures for departments supervised.
- Ensure teams/depts follows standard operating procedures for all operational functions.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Create, implement, and revise annual budget for departments supervised.
- Monitor and control expense according to allotted budget.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities within the depts. supervised.
- Support team/depts communication with the management by acting as a link.
- Ensure compliance to policies/procedures and strategic decisions.
- Manage and direct team members to achieve department targets/objectives.
- Support operational risk assessment for the purpose of preventive maintenance for logistics and ICT department.
- Supervise and evaluate all transportation operations, analyze costs and processes and recommend appropriate actions.
- Appraise and evaluate reportees from time to time in liaison with HR dept. and provide performance feedback
- Provide inspired leadership through occasional meetings with teams to deliberate on issues, concerns, updates etc.
- Ensure reportees send reports within the required timelines.
- Negotiate with external vendors/suppliers to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Initiate agreements with suppliers and evaluate existing to negotiate for better contract terms.
- Track and report key functional costs to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Guide purchasing personnel through the process of evaluating suppliers.
- Monitor company purchases, deliveries and spending to determine if goods are defective or not meeting performance demands specifically for logistics and ICT dept.
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field.
- 5 years’ proven experience in an operations management position.
- Highly Organized, Excellent Planning and Organization Skills, Good time manager, Excellent Communication Skills-both written and verbal, Leadership Skills, Good negotiator, Team player;
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills;
- Analytical and Attention to Detail;
- Result oriented, Reporting Skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your application (indicate your pay expectation) and detailed CV only to;
The Group Human Resource & Admin. Manager,
Wells Oil Ltd,
P.O Box 3936 40100
OR Email – email@example.com (Subject –Operations Manager)
Application deadline: 20 th June 2020
We always endeavor to make contact with all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline, kindly acknowledge that your application was not successful on this occasion but may be considered in future.