Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: GSK-RA-067
Responsible for collecting study data according to the study specifications. These activities can include semi-structured, face-to-face, in-depth interviews, moderating focus group discussions, or other qualitative data collection methods. Maintains confidentiality and security of data gathered.
- Prepares sites for data collection activities.
- Identifies, contacts and recruits qualified candidates for assigned research study.
- Conducts qualitative data collection such as semi-structured interviews, focus group discussions, community mapping, seasonal calendars, causal flow diagrams, etc. to gather data for the assigned research study.
- Map out community locations based on requirements for informal conversations and intercepts. Have the ability to quickly gauge a context and through conversations be able to set up spontaneous interviews and discussions.
- Set up group discussions, in an appropriate place and ensure communication with participants to guarantee timely presence and participation.
- May collect additional structured data if required for the study.
- Meticulously maintains complete and accurate records and files pertaining to the assigned research study.
- Maintains participant confidentiality and security of data gathered.
- Accurately translates and transcribes collected data, as required.
- Provides reimbursement to study participants and maintains accurate records of disbursements and balances, as required
- Assists in monitoring study progress including updating timelines, tracking data quality, enrollment and notifying investigators of adverse events.
- Participate in daily debrief sessions with the team at the end of the day to download data from the day’s activities and the synthesis at the end of the field work
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Physical demands:
- The position can entail long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking.
- Workstations (postings) will vary from project to project. There will be varied exposure to environmental elements such as sunshine, rain, cold, winds.
- Field schedules vary from day to day and according to the preference of the potential study participants.
- BS/BA in relevant field and 5 years work experience in qualitative research.
- Experience working with health programs and market research is preferred
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and spoken English.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow study-specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including ability to adapt to changing situations and group dynamics.
- Proficiency in basic computer technology including word processing (e.g. Microsoft Word), email and basic data entry (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
- Previous training and experience in data collection and analysis methods ( Deedose, N-vivo or other software) is highly desirable
How to Apply
Gold Star Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email by sending cover letter and CV (in one folder) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application to be received by 23rd June 2020.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.