Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KeNHA GRADE 3
REF. No. KeNHA/DD-LS/002/2020
The job holder will be the Head of Survey Department and is responsible for all survey and mapping functions on road development projects.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Coordinating the development and review of policies, plans and strategies on surveying, GIS and mapping;
- Overseeing maintenance of road reserve boundaries;
- Verifying cadastral, adjudication, photo control and engineering surveys;
- Coordinating publication of plans, maps and charts;
- Providing guidance on standardization and certification of survey equipment;
- Overseeing preparation and submission of technical and administrative reports of the department;
- Supervising and undertaking quality control of in-house and outsourced survey services;
- Monitoring and evaluating the survey and mapping activities;
- Preparing departmental budgets, monitoring and evaluating budget control measures ;
- Managing and developing staff the department.
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have:-
- A minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in a Management role in comparable position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Masters Degree in Surveying and Photogrammetry or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors Degree in Surveying and Photogrammetry or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Valid Practicing License from Lands Surveyor’s Board (LSB) of Kenya;
- Full membership with the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK), (Land Surveyors Chapter);
- Letter of Good standing from Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK);
- Certificate in Project Management from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants living with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The terms of appointment for the positions of Deputy Director, Land Survey and Deputy Director, Human Resource Management shall be for a Three (3) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The terms of service for the positions of Assistant Land Surveyor and Road Inspector shall be Permanent and Pensionable.
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific address shown below by close of business on 6th July, 2020 at 5.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications for all positions should be addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications for Deputy Director, Land Survey and Deputy Director, Human Resource Management clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4th Floor (Outside the Director Generals Office) OR Emailed to Boardrecruitment@kenha.co.ke.
Applications for Assistant Land Surveyor and Road Inspector (Roads) positions clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2nd Floor (Outside the Human Resource Management Office) OR Emailed to Managementrecruitment@kenha.co.ke.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.