Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Location: Nairobi County (Korogocho, Mukuru)
(Seconded to the Nairobi City County Health Department)
Reports to: Project Officer Health and Nutrition
Direct Reports: None
Contract Details: 6 months contract
- Group Medical Cover (Principal and 2 dependants)
- Group Life Assurance Cover
- WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided as guided in accordance with Covid- 19 precautionary measures)
To provide field level support to the Sub County Health Management Team to implement key COVID-19 preparedness and response actions in Health and WASH and ensure continuity of health services during the COVID 19 pandemic.
This will include technical support to the improved functionality of the Community health workforce towards creating awareness on COVID -19 as well as where to where and how to seek services if ill, for dissemination by community-level health services and workers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Sub County Health Management teams on the implementation of field level COVID 19 response and preparedness actions including awareness creation on precautionary measures against COVID -19 as well as utilization of essential health services.
- Assist the Project officer to provide technical support to partners in the implementation of the project at the field level.
- Work with sub county team to implement work plans as agreed;
- Liaise with the sub county public health officer and the sub county community strategy focal person to implement COVID -19 specific response actions in health and WASH respectively as per agreed work plan
- Provide monthly reports on the functionality of the CHS in target counties on COVID -19 response actions in Health and WASH.
- Ensure programme quality control through implementation of monthly and quarterly M&E;
- Work closely with the Project officer in monitoring the health situation in target sub counties;
- Support with operationalizing of community Units and community mobilization activities; plan for trainings, routinely engage Community Health Volunteers and Community Health Assistants;
- Support with documentation of the programme implementation process to generate lesson learning as well as case studies;
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s emergency response as and when necessary and comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- Responding to Emergencies:
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
- A Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Public Health, Community Development, Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- At least one (1) years’ experience in implementing community projects in a similar role
- Must be a resident of Korogocho, Mukuru, Soweto or Mathare
- The staff will be seconded to the City County of Nairobi and will be stationed in a health facility within the areas listed above and should be willing to engage with the communities on a regular basis during his/her daily routine activities in the context of COVID 19.
- Strong written and oral communication, good computing and report writing skills
- Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
- Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
- Fluency in both spoken and written language in English and Kiswahili.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time. This position is subject to Concern getting funding
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Follow Concern online: http://www.concern.net
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter only to email@example.com with the position as the subject of the email by 20th June 2020
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.