Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Location: Senior programme Manager – Turkana County
Reports to: Manager – Community Empowerment
Direct Reports: Lodwar, Turkana County
One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds
- Group Pension
- Group Medical Cover (Principal and 2 dependants)
- Group Life Assurance Cover
- WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
To provide technical leadership in community engagement for Concern programmes and citizen participation in Turkana County
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop technical capacity for community conversations to Concern Programme staff and County Officials including training and mentorship
- Foster linkages between target communities and organized groups with Concern Programmes for implementation of annual work plans
- Foster linkages between target communities and organized groups with the County Government for citizen participation in county planning and budget processes
- Advice the line manager on necessary changes as observed on the ground in order to improve implementation of planned interventions
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor Programme implementation and quality
- Document progress made in the implementation of the Turkana County Community Empowerment/Governance program on a monthly, quarterly and annual basisThis will include but not limited to: document case studies and change stories, monthly and quarterly progress reports which should be clearly linked to the annual program work plan, monthly and quarterly indicator tracker clearly showing progress made against the targets set out in the M&E plan/Logframe, pictorial and audiovisual recordings of project implementation and as will be defined by the line manager or Manager- Community Empowerment
- Represent Concern Worldwide at County, Sub County and Ward level coordination and technical forums for citizen participation and others as will be specified by the Line Manager
- Responding to Emergencies:
- .Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- .Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- Code of Conduct and Associated Policies:
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Code of Conduct and associated policies
- To contribute to establishing preventative measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the CoC and associated policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
Job Specification: Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, social sciences or any other relevant field or
- At least three years’ experience in utilizing participatory approaches for community engagement in ASAL contextExperience in Community Conversations (CC) approach will be an added advantage.
- Must have a working knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Fluency in spoken and written language in English, SwahiliKnowledge of at least one of the local languages spoken in Turkana County is an added advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good computing and report writing skills
- Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons PolicyThese have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of themIn this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position as the subject of the email by 20th June 2020
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.