Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Period: 3 months with a possibility for extensions for another 3 months based on performance
Salary: Competitive remuneration will be offered commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
The African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) is a regional non-profit research and policy Institute established in 2010 to help bridge the gaps between research, policy and practice in development efforts in Africa. Our primary purpose is to contribute to sustainable development through using evidence and advocacy to strengthen political commitment and resource allocation for development issues; informing the design and implementation of effective interventions; and strengthening governance and accountability structures for tracking development challenges in Africa. AFIDEP is registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation in both Kenya and Malawi (where it has offices) and as a non-profit institution in the USA with 501(c)3 status. For further details about AFIDEP and its work refer to http://www.afidep.org.
AFIDEP seeks to engage a dynamic and experienced Research Analyst for an initial period of three months with a possibility for extension for another three months, to join our research team in an exciting project on adolescent sexual and reproductive health in Kenya.
The candidate should have advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative data analysis with demonstrable experience in producing research reports, scientific publications and policy-oriented products and conducting policy analysis.
- The candidate should have a PhD in Demography, Public Health or related field in the Social Sciences. A Master’s degree with proven track record in conducting research and publishing in peer-reviewed journals will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in working on adolescent sexual and reproductive health issues in Kenya both from the research and policy perspectives.
- Strong background and minimum two years experience in conducting both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Minimum of two years practical experience in project management
- Demonstrable experience in conducting critical policy and political economy analysis
- Proven track record in writing policy briefs and other policy products andpublishing in journals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with collaborators from diverse cultures
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative data from both academic and policy products
- Ability to work independently with an output based mindset
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications MUST email:
- A motivation letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies and skills
- Updated CV including three relevant referees
Applications should be sent to email@example.com not later than 21st June 2020 with the title “PROJECT INTERN” as the email subject. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.