Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Job:
In preparation for Samasource’s next phase of growth, we are searching for an experienced and seasoned IT Systems Engineer.
This role will provide day-to-day support in specifying, building, maintaining and supporting the organisation’s technical infrastructure.This position is focused on the transformation of the current systems and processes within the IT department to achieve the next levels of excellence.
You will serve as a key partner to the IT Manager and reporting directly to this role.
- Manage and monitor all installed client / Server systems and infrastructure applications & services ensuring high levels of availability
- Monitor and test application, systems and network performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with stakeholders to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Apply new industry and technology trends to solve business problems.
- Evaluate existing technical architecture in view of business and mission strategic goals.
- Ensure that the introduction of new technologies is consistent with the overarching architecture and applicable guidelines.
- Provide expertise and support for virtual technologies (VMware)
- Develop and test backup and recovery procedures for the VMware farms, based on VMware Best Practices
- Implement, supervise and test the organization’s Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Administering Nairobi office G suite organization unit structure and mailing groups.
- Provide employees with customer service excellence while resolving technical issues
- Work closely with IT project managers and database programmers.
- Establish the needs of users, monitor and control user access, privileges, permissions and security of organization databases.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database;
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Install and test new versions of the DBMS;
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans;
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- BSC Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in an IT Systems Administration position
- Professional certifications in CCNA, MCSE / MCTIP
- Proven working experience with databases ( SQL server or Postgres)
- Knowledge in Linux an added advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail and feedback skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reporting and analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player.
Application deadline is June 30, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.