Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- To assist in ensuring Land/GH preparation in time and accordingly to protocals ahead of planting season.
- Assist in receiving stock seeds and have all relevant quality information with them.
- To assist in implementing and overviewing the Fair Labour lProgram and eventual other certifications.
- Ensure timely nursery preparation to adhere to the sowing calendar.
- Advises on necessary consumables necessary for successful Producttion activities of the ordered quantities.
- Ensures proper labeling at all stages for trace ability and purity control.
- Trains Production Teams at different levels on relevant activities and protocols to enhance productivity and efficiency i.e. planting, labeling, training, de-suckering, defoliation, rouging, emasculation, Pollen harvesting, pollination, harvesting, extraction, drying, storage, packing and advises on shipment procedures.
- Ensures preparation and submission of monthly Vendor progress reports (VPR) to the relevant Production Manager to ensure the planners and marketing are reliably informed on the production progress.
- To assist in preparing disseminates precise but informative ad hoc and periodical reports to the stakeholders to keep all fully informed and up-to-date with the vendor activities.
- eeks, obtains and shares Technical information concerning any issues that the vendor may require-tapping into the Syngenta knowledge base on behalf of the vendor.
- Train and guides/ensures adherence to Phytosanitary Standards in the field to control pests and diseases.
- Advises on Crop Protection,Irrigation and Crop Nutrition and follows up to ensure any anomalies are corrected.
- Assist to ensures the vendor collects and provides data on various growing and productivity parameters to assist in evaluation, decision making as well as cost transparency.
- To assist in ensuring contracts are availed and signed off by the vendor in good time-by reminding the concerned parties to avoid delays.
- Co-ordinates relevant Teams to ensure Crop Inspections by the Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Services (KEPHIS).
- Train and enforces HSE rules and regulations and champions the implementation of the Syngenta.
- To assist evaluates Production/seasons to measure performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Performs new vendor scouting and assessment based on agreed criteria whenever required.
- Any other & projects as may be allowed from time to time.
- Bsc. in Agriculture/Horticulture or it equivalent
- Must have at least 5 years relevant work experience
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office with excellent organizational skills.
- Holder of a clean driving license, willing to travel and work outside Nairobi occasionally.
- Innovative individual that is willing to challenge and improve the way things are done to increase efficiency.
- Demonstrates ability to take prudent action with little oversight.
- Demonstrates openness in communication to others, able to communicate with general workers in language they understand, listens well and incorporates the thoughts and ideas of others.