Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PCEA Chogoria Hospital was established in 1922 and serves as a referral and teaching Hospital. It has a 295 bed capacity that focuses on the provision of Curative, Preventive and Promotive Health Care services in Tharaka Nithi County and the greater Meru, Embu and as far as Isiolo and Marsabit Counties.
We are seeking to fill the following positions:
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the In-Charge Pharmacy, the position holder’s job purpose will be to deliver efficient and timely Pharmacy services.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scrutinizes Patient Treatment Sheets and Prescriptions for suitability of prescribed drugs in relation to dosing accuracy, drug interaction and route of administration Provide drug information to patients, doctors, nurses and other medical staff.
- Timely and accurate posting dispensed drugs for billing purposes.
- Assist the Pharmacy in-charge in placing orders for stock replenishment to the Pharmacy Store to maintain optimal stock levels
Participates in regular drug expiry monitoring in the pharmacy to identify and document items with expiry of less than the required.
- Compounding, re-packaging and dilutions of drugs according to laid down guidelines.
- Counsel patients appropriately to ensure adherence to drug therapy.
- Participate in stock take exercise and ensure timely explanation of stock variances.
- Training and supervising pharmaceutical technologist interns.
- Entering prescriptions orders into the computer and making labels appropriately
- Assist in preparing and sending periodic management reports.
- Document adverse drug reactions on patients.
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Receiving drugs and verifying against the Stock transfer printout
- Shelving of items appropriately
- Performing stock counts and stock movement analysis
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Current and up to date registration with the Pharmaceutical and Poisons Board
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to interpret prescription accurately.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Counseling skills
- Customer service skills
- Must be a mature practicing Christian
- Essential Personal Attributes
- Ability to work under pressure
- High standards of personal integrity
- Pleasant personality
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 3rd July 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted. PCEA Chogoria Hospital is an equal opportunity employer