Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, the Driver will be responsible for running official office errands; ensure safety of passengers on board and checking validity of vehicle insurance and other documentation. One will also be responsible for taking care of the assigned vehicle(s) in all aspects including monitoring of the security situations in the area of operation.
· Perform driving duties in accordance with ChildFund policies
· Perform pre – journey, journey and post journey vehicle checks namely: vehicle tire pressure, vehicle fluids (Brake, clutch, engine oil, windshield water, battery water, etc), checking for signs of leakage in the engine, differential, gear box etc and checking the general condition of the vehicle.
· Ensure timely transportation of the staff and property to the required destination while ensuring safety of the passengers by requesting them to belt-up before proceeding for a journey, property and the vehicle according to the ChildFund policy
· Perform all driving duties as assigned by the supervisor or delegated authority
· Ensuring that the road license and insurance policy of the vehicle (s) assigned to him/her are valid and visible when placed on the wind shield
· Safeguard, maintain and update vehicle related documentation including vehicle log (indicating date, description of journey, correct odometer reading at start and end of journey, time (am or pm) and ensuring that all entries are correct and accurate
· Prepare purchase requisition for vehicle service and necessary vehicle maintenance requirements when due
Ensure strict adherence to the ChildFund policy on resources and asset management
Handle the vehicle and materials assigned to him/her with care
Perform minor routine vehicle maintenance service and advice the Finance and Administration Officer on general service and maintenance/ repair of the vehicle parts as necessary
In the event of an accident involving a vehicle under the driver’s care, one must ensure safety of self and vehicle and follow due reporting process per the policy
“O” level certificate, with a minimum pass of DIV III, or Grade C in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
Valid Certificate of Good Conduct and a clean, valid Kenyan driving license (Classes B, C, E) with knowledge of Kenyan road rules and the Highway Code
· Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to communicate effectively in English and Kiswahili, in person, on the phone and in writing
· Good knowledge of local city roads, locations of government offices and main roads to other parts of the country
· Good driver customer service protocols and proactive organizational skills
Disclaimer: *This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.*
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to KenyaHR@childfund.org to reach us not later than Thursday, 2nd July 2020 to;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Beware of scams – ChildFund International does not ask for payment at any point during our recruitment process.