Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DT Global seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Kenya. The program will seek to empower communities and government institutions to take the lead in countering violent extremism (CVE).
The availability of this role is contingent upon the award of the project and donor funding. Should you wish to be considered for this opportunity please submit a resume for consideration.
- Lead management and technical implementation of the project;
- Provide overall administrative leadership and ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program objectives;
- Serves as primary liaison with USAID, government counterparts, private sector firms, educational institutions, local and regional partners, NGOs, and other stakeholders;
- Supervise key project staff and ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and DT Global policies and procedures;
- Ensure coherence, consistency, quality and timely delivery of contract deliverables and results;
- Lead annual work planning process, supervise work-plan implementation and manage progress towards project objectives;
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and ensure that interventions accurately and professionally reflect project objectives.
- Advanced degree in international development, conflict resolution, international affairs, economic development, or a related field preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing and implementing development projects of similar size and scope, preferably in a conflict or post-conflict environment;
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with civil society organizations to identify community needs and empower local, sustainable CVE networks to take action to address violent extremism;
- Demonstrated experience liaising and collaborating with host government institutions;
- Prior experience working with internationally donor-funded programs, USAID strongly preferred;
- Prior experience implementing programs in Kenya or East Africa preferred;
- Experience with remote management in security-challenged environments strongly preferred;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Fluency in English required.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.