Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ref. No. AUM/HR/08/2020
Purpose Of The Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Assistant Underwriting Manager will oversee and coordinate the underwriting function which embraces medical underwriting, quotations, debiting, premium allocation, renewal invites and issuing of Policy documents among other functions.
- Approving quotations in line with the company policy and monitor the conversion rate of the quotations provided.
- Responsibility for timely communication of renewal terms to the clients and/or broker in order to increase retention of existing business;
- Checking policy documents, endorsements and agreements with service providers and approving membership certificates or other official documents in line with the company’s underwriting manual
- Establishing and promoting healthy business processes for efficient and effective client service delivery within set performance standards.
- Vetting of all risks to ensure that only quality business is accepted into the company at acceptable rates and within company guidelines
- Liaising with business partners such as direct clients, agent and brokers on various service issues including provision of competitive quotations on new business, renewals and payments of premiums
- Ensuring effective relationships and SLA management with internal and external stakeholders
- Conducting continuous training, guidance, coaching and mentoring for the team
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance or its equivalent
- ACII/IIK qualifications
- Over 5 years’ experience in Group Life Underwriting, 2 of which should be in a supervisory level.
Required skills and Competencies
- In depth understanding of Life Insurance laws, practices and regulatory requirements in Kenya.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Strategic planning, budgeting and management experience.
- Demonstrated skills in relationship building, planning, decision-making and change management
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th June 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.