Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Kenya Mission intends to build on its history of youth programming in Kenya, including Yes Youth Can, Kenya Youth Employment and Skills, Generation, and the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), with a new generation of programming that harnesses the existing assets of these programs and youth themselves while evolving in light of lessons learned from these efforts. To achieve that, the mission is seeking to implement the Kenya Youth Empowerment Activity (KYEA to support evidence-based and evidence-producing county-level models that empower youth and connect them directly to social and economic opportunities to improve their livelihoods and well-being.
- The Finance and Administration Manager will be primarily responsible for ensuring the integrity and usefulness of the Contractor financial systems; facilitating the Contractor’s internal administrative operations; ensuring that the Contractor meets USAID Kenya’s programmatic, financial and other reporting requirements; and for delivering the results in anticipated SOW, related to providing USAID with logistical and other services
- Oversees the day-to-day field office financial management, accounting and operations; Supervises financial and administrative staff, as required; Oversees recruitment, vetting, hiring and orientation of new staff, as required
- Maintains and manages field office accounts, in coordination with QED headquarters (HQ)
- Prepares and tracks project budgets and budget projections
- Reviews vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with QED policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations
- Oversees procurement and inventory management of project supplies, services, and other items in accordance with USAID rules and regulations
- Calculates and issues payroll; calculates and submits payroll taxes to the proper Kenyan authorities
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with USAID and QED policies and procedures; Management of field office financial filing system (both paper and electronic), in coordination with QED
- Prepares and submits monthly financial reports as directed by QED headquarters in timely manner
- Coordinates with QED’s local legal and accounting advisors; serves as liaison between local external auditing authorities and QED headquarters
- Treasury management, including daily supervision of cash position and accounts and petty cash
- Oversee smooth project close-out in compliance with contract terms and USAID regulations
- A graduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a relevant field, OR a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a relevant field and two years of work experience (in addition to the four years of experience required below)
- Four years of experience in a supervisory role managing finance and administration of a donor funded activity
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, NGOs and donors, evaluators, and community-based institutions, and local organizations, preferably on a USAID project
- Strong understanding of multi-sectoral development theory and thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan context preferred
- Experience with relevant financial software packages, including Microsoft Excel
- Required fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; fluency in other Kenyan languages preferred
How to Apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents HERE
- Close Date 7/31/2020
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.