Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the position of HTS Counsellor.
Location: Nyandarua County
The HTS Counselor is responsible for providing HIV Testing Services to patients and clients seeking services in their respective health facilities using provider-initiated testing and counselling, voluntary counselling and testing, targeted family and partner testing/Partner notification services and other novel HTS approaches.
- Create awareness and provide education about the existence of HIV testing services
- Lead in the mobilization of clients for HTS
- Provide pre/post-test HIV counselling ensuring that clients understand risk factors, prevention methods and other relevant issues
- Provide confidential HIV testing to clients, as per national HTS guidelines
- Provide on-going counselling and make relevant referrals for on-going support
- Ensure quality of HTS services at all times
- Document and maintain accurate HTS records including referrals and report on referral outcomes
- Compile and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the supervisor
- Timely request for all the necessary consumables for undertaking HTS activities
- Participate in HTS QA activities like PT, counselling supervision etc.
- Ensure HTS Optimization in the facility
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
For appointment to the post of HTS Counselor, a candidate must;
- Have a diploma in guidance and counselling, health-related or social science field.
- Be certified by NASCOP as an HTS Counselor
- Work experience as an HTS Counselor in a health setting is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Successful candidates will be supervised by their respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV as one document stating the current and expected salary, contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the position applied for as the subject title by 5.00 PM June 30, 2020.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.