Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the position of Social Worker
Location: Nyandarua County
The Social worker shall support the planning, initiation and implementation of Adherence Psychosocial Support minimum package in the CCC, PMTCT and TB clinics at the respective health facilities.
- Support the coordination of psychosocial support activities targeting adults, adolescents, paediatrics, PMTCT mothers and discordant couples.
- To support planning, implementation and evaluation of defaulter identification and tracking systems at the respective health facilities in the respective health facilities using the already approved tools.
- Support the CCC in Charge in mentoring the Peer Educators and mentor mothers in Adherence to Psychosocial Support and Community activities.
- Participate in activities that lead to strengthened linkages between the health facility and the community.
- To support planning, implementation and evaluation of Positive Health Dignity and Prevention (PHDP) activities at the health facility.
- Identify, document and share key lessons and practices learnt on adherence and psychosocial support from health facilities and the community
- Participate in community mobilization activities
- Participate in in-home visits and home-based care activities
- Support counselling of the clients admitted in the wards
- Ensure there is a functional Intra and inter-facility and community referrals
- To support the CCC in charges in integrating WASH activities in HIV programming
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
For an appointment to the post of a Social Worker, a candidate must;
- Have a Diploma in Medical Sociology, Sociology, Social Work or Community Development
- Computer Literacy (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power Point)
- Teaching, facilitation, mentoring and counselling skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Good interpersonal, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Two years’ work experience as a Social Worker within the health sector an added advantage
Successful candidates will be supervised by their respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV as one document stating the current and expected salary, contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the position applied for as the subject title by 5.00 PM June 30, 2020.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.