Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To support coordination, planning, management and implementation of the Health and Nutrition component of I-CREATE Project in Turkana County. Working under the guidance of the Nutrition Technical Advisor, the manager will closely support the Health and Nutrition Officers to ensure day-to-day activities are implemented within the established framework of the I-CREATE, work plan, budget and program quality. The manager will continually monitor all aspects of programme performance by instituting the use of necessary programme management processes and tools
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Overall responsible for the implementation of the nutrition component for the I-CREATE programme at county level
· Provide technical support and guidance to the Health and Nutrition teams implementing the nutrition component of the I-CREATE programme at the sub-county level.
· Provide organizational and technical support to MoH and local partners in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services;
· Liaising closely with the County health management teams (CHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to develop joint work plans and ensure MoH ownership and integration into the existing health systems;
· Work closely with the CHMT to oversee and review the implementation of County work plans and activities
· Support MoH and local partners to strengthen planning, implementation and review of health and nutrition activities as relates to the I-CREATE programme at the County level
· Work with stakeholders at County level to strengthen a multi-sectoral approach to health and nutrition and actively promote inter sectoral linkages and integration with other programmes as necessary
· Ensure programme quality through active role in M&E of health and nutrition programme interventions including developing and utilizing context specific M&E tools, using data for decision making, field monitoring and joint support supervision
· Monitor the health and nutrition situation in the County including coordination of nutrition surveys, supporting with surveillance and assessments as required
· Participate in the development of annual I-CREATE programme work plans in coordination with the other Health and Nutrition teams within the programme target counties as well as in coordination with the over Kenya country programme Health and Nutrition teams
· Prepare high quality written reports (quarterly and annual) and other reports as required.
· Support sub-county teams on effective and quality programme management and implementation.
· Ensure that the implementation of the nutrition specific components of the I-CREATE programme at county level adheres to Concern’s essential standards on programme management
· Monitor the programme against objectives outlined in the programme plan and international standards.
· Support the team in the review and regularly update of detailed implementation plans, phased budgets, procurement plans, M & E plans, and work plans guiding all programme implementation and ensure that this is used by the project teams to monitor project progress towards completion.
· Conduct field visit to monitor the delivery of quality intervention.
· Focal person for M&E aspect of the program
· Support the documentation of county programme activities, achievements and challenges in regular internal reports and ensure that external reporting obligations are met
· Lead the compilation and review of county quarterly reports
· County level monthly analysis of performance of the programme
· Participation in county health and nutrition coordination meetings;
· Represent Concern at the Health and Nutrition Coordination Meetings
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Code of Conduct and Associated Policies:
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies
· To support and promote the standards outlined in the Program Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
· A Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Nutrition and Dietetics or relevant field
· At least five (5) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition programming with experience of nutrition and health system strengthening in both a development and emergency context. Two (2) years’ experience in a management position
· Previous employment or extensive collaboration and networking with NGOs.
· Proven success partnering with the Ministry of Health and extensive collaboration and networking with NGOs
· Good understanding of cross cutting issues-gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health/nutrition programmes
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, coordination and leadership skills Proficiency in the use of computer applications
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as “Manager Health & Nutrition – I Create, Turkana” The closing date for applications is 27th June 2020
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.