Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Group ‘K’
No of Positions: 8
The holders will report to the Chief Inspectorate Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with county laws in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies;
- Conducting preliminary investigations and recording statements
- Liaising with relevant Government agencies to arrest people breaking the enforced laws;
- Giving evidence in court, marking and preserving exhibits;
- Hoisting of flags;
- Performing customer care desk duties such as receiving and directing visitors to the relevant offices;
- Responding to distress calls from the public;
- Guarding and securing County Government buildings and vital installations;
- Screening people entering county offices, public places and providing VIP protection;
- Executing all orders and warrants lawfully issued to county law breakers
- Maintaining order and sanity in markets, bus parks and other business premises;
- Conducting frequent inspections on regulated activities to ensure compliance;
- Ensuring orderly parking and traffic management in county town centers;
- Apprehending, undertaking investigations and assisting in prosecution of county law breakers;
- Collection of information and reporting on security matters;
- Drawing and Supervision of work schedules and duty rosters
- Supervision and training of junior officers;
- Developing security, enforcement and inspection programs within his or her area of assignment;
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for appointment
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Security Management, Criminology and Fraud Management, Criminology and Security Studies, Criminal Justice; Police Science, Military Science, Forensic Investigations and Penology or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills
- Compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract.
Salary and benefits: Salary will be as per the regulations by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
The following clearance certificates should be attached to the application:
- A Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate;
- A Valid Certificate of Good Conduct / Police clearance
- A Credit Reference Bureau Clearance Certificate from a recognized body;
- A Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate;
How to Apply
Hard copy of duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
Nyeri County Public Service Board,
Karson’s Photo House Kimathi Street
P.O Box 90-10100,
Cellphone: 0745342000 / 0733977003
All applications (hard delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 7th July 2020 at 5.00pm
- Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above provided address and cellphone.
- The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to the police or to the County Public Service Board. You can use our cellphone numbers: 0745342000 / 0733977003
- The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer
- People living with disability are encouraged to apply
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Board.