Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) was launched in 2012. It has been a World Bank’s infoDev initiative and is among a global network of Climate Innovation Centers launched by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP). From 2016 to 2020, KCIC has been scaling up and admitting more clients.
KCIC has transitioned towards providing more inclusive and sustainable services since its inception and has been instrumental in impacting the climate change sector positively. SMEs and MSMEs have benefitted from KCICs technical and financial support which has resulted in the development of innovative solutions to address the negative impacts of climate change.
KCIC is implementing the Agribiz program that seeks to be a catalyst and enabler towards greater involvement of women and youth in agricultural and livestock value chains. The primary focus of the program will be to provide a range of services needed for 2,400 women and youth owned early stage agribusiness enterprises as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The program will do this through establishment of 8 Business Incubation Hubs (BIHs) across 8 Counties in the Republic of Kenya. Through the BIHs, the program will deliver 4 services which shall constitute the core activities of the program and these will comprise; (i), access to services and facilities; (ii), access to finance; (iii), business advisory and technical assistance, and (iv), access to information. Other general activities that will be carried out within the program will constitute awareness creation and the pursuit of an enabling environment for greater involvement of women and youth in agribusiness.
The focus counties are:
- Uasin Gishu
KCIC is now on the lookout for Business Analysts for the selected counties who will be based in Nairobi initially. The Analyst will to help KCIC grow and curate the most diverse and supportive community for women and youth in the agribusiness ecosystem. At a later stage, the Business Analysts will be deployed to work in the counties above.
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting entrepreneurs (KCIC clients) become bankable or investor ready by providing client tailored technical assistance. The main duties include; supporting Start-ups, SMEs and Community Based Organizations by providing advisory services, organizing business trainings, coaching clients and linking clients to financiers, markets and relevant resources.
- Support clients to access concessionary/commercial financing (grants, debt, equity) using knowledge of investment requirements and helping negotiate and structure financings;
- Supporting implementation of business plans, and interacting with in-house M&E team to ensure expected results are achieved, measured and evaluated;
- Developing a personal network in the regional finance and investment community, as well with advisors and technology experts to aid in supporting the clients access finance;
- Provide business advisory and financial analysis support to clients in the context of supporting agribusinesses;
- Analyze and evaluate requirements to ensure alignment to client’s strategy and the prevailing economic and technological advances through conducting client baseline/assessments;
- Nurture the client’s business through market feasibility studies, product development, customer acquisition and revenue generation support;
- Identify business training needs for clients and develop user friendly and practical training modules to close the identified needs;
- Identify mentoring and coaching areas for the clients and linking them with the correct mentors to aid in their business growth;
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree in business related courses.
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA and CFA desired.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business development services, strategic or management consulting, or in providing technical business assistance ideally working with startup, early stage entrepreneurs, Community Based Organizations, and Self Help `groups.
- Experience in the critical analysis of a business, investment plans and financial statements;
- Experience working with the agribusiness sector is an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change;
- Ability to solve problems and make critical decisions;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 10th July 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer.