Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We would like to conduct a Talent Map – To build a pool of candidates for senior roles within our Legal and External Affairs department. Note that talent mapping is not an active recruitment to fill an existing vacancy but a process to identify & build a pipeline of potential external candidates who
a] have the interest in working for BAT;
b] meet the requirements of the role and
c] will be contacted once suitable opportunities become available.
Go on, submit your application and we will reach out to you once the opportunity matching your profile is available.
Government Affairs Manager:
- Drive market engagement strategy with key internal and external stakeholders to help shape the local business environment and execute global engagement strategies as appropriate
- Develop and execute relevant strategies and plans to ensure that:
- we maintain our rights to operate in a complex and technical regulatory environment;
- mitigate the impact and cost of technical regulations, business activities and regulatory compliance;
- promote credible technical and scientific positions to regulators and 3rd parties;
- encourage governments to develop evidence-based regulations supporting commercialisation of potentially reduced risks products [PRRPs] such as Vaping and Oral Products.
- Provide the business with timely regulatory insights/updates to support decision-making
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders in order to execute engagements
- Manage execution of the internal & external engagement strategy and plan
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A degree in either a] biological or health sciences, b] economics, c] law, d] public policy, e] political science, OR f] International relations
- Experience in either a] understanding of Health Authorities Regulatory requirements, b] working knowledge of public affairs, c] trade blocs, OR d] fiscal and regulatory processes with a minimum of 6-8 years’ experience within Government, International Institutions, FMCG and other organisations
- Ability to apply basic project management principles to campaign execution
- Strong negotiation, written and verbal skills
- Ability to apply strong strategic, analytical skills and good judgment
- Appropriate level of maturity to provide credibility at senior levels externally and internally