Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We would like to conduct a Talent Map – To build a pool of candidates for senior roles within our Legal and External Affairs department. Note that talent mapping is not an active recruitment to fill an existing vacancy but a process to identify & build a pipeline of potential external candidates who
a] have the interest in working for BAT;
b] meet the requirements of the role and
c] will be contacted once suitable opportunities become available.
Go on, submit your application and we will reach out to you once the opportunity matching your profile is available.
- To proactively manage all legal matters pertaining to Marketing, Brand activities, New Categories and to successfully implement & execute functional strategy & objectives
- Monitor and interpret the legislative environment to ensure that proactive legal advice and support is provided to the business on legislation concerning tobacco products and New Categories in the respective end markets
- Manage BAT’s litigation portfolio, Trade activities, Anti-Illicit Trade (AIT), Intellectual Property across East Africa Markets
- Delivery of an effective litigation strategy for managing and reporting all ongoing and potential litigations
- Proactive management of litigation risks & regularly monitoring key developments in the litigation arena, identifying issues that would directly impact BAT’s operations
- Support the business’ anti-illicit trade (AIT) plans and activities by reviewing them for compliance with the relevant local laws and BAT policies as well as supporting any proactive review of existing or proposed laws.
- Render timely legal advice to the business on Competition Law compliance, Intellectual Property law (including trademark protection and management), Excise and regulatory engagements.
- Support the management of BAT’s Intellectual Property portfolio in the respective end markets ensuring timely registration or renewal of trademarks and assisting with the management of any related disputes or litigations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A recognized legal qualification through a reputable academic institution and competence in providing legal advice to internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ of experience in both external & inhouse legal practise handling either a] commercial litigation, b] arbitration, c] regulatory, OR d] Marketing & Trade activities as well as emerging trends and issues.
- Strong negotiation, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to apply strong strategic, analytical skills and good judgment.
- Appropriate level of maturity to provide credibility at senior levels externally and internally