Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Chief Legal Officer/ Council Secretary – Scale 14 KIBU/ADM/4/2020 (1 POST): Vacancy June 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Deputy Chief Legal Officer/ Council Secretary shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Chief Legal Officer.
The Deputy Chief Legal Officer/Council Secretary shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with Statutes, regulations and procedures;
- Advising the Vice Chancellor and Council on legal obligations;
- Drafting, reviewing and approving agreements, grant awards and contracts;
- Overseeing management of land assets and Intellectual Property;
- Keeping Custody of legal and Council documents;
- Overseeing preparation of Council and legal reports;
- Overseeing review of legal policies and practices;
- Identifying, mitigating legal risks and developing remedial plans;
- Representing the University in litigation and developing case strategy;
- Reviewing progress of outstanding litigation;
- Ensure that Council complies with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as best corporate governance practice, including disclosures;
- Ensuring Council resolutions, internal policies and procedures comply with legal provisions;
- Provide proper advice and resources required by Council members to discharge their duties;
- Serve as the focal point for all Council communications and engagements;
- Maintain accurate records of Council and Committee deliberations, ensuring they reflect proper exercise of fiduciary duties;
- Manage all Council and Committee meeting logistics, attend and record minutes of all meetings and facilitate Council communications;
- Facilitate induction of new Council members and assist in their training and development; and
Requirements for Appointment:
- Masters of Law/Legal Studies degree from a recognized University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School with seven (7) years’ working experience three (3) as Senior Legal Officer Scale 13 or its equivalent;
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with the current practicing certificate;
- Shown merit and administrative ability in work performance and results;
- Registration with Law Society of Kenya;
- CPS (K) and member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya in good standing.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- ICT Competence.
How to apply:
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
Applicants must also submit the following current documents:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general which should be sent to the address below by the application deadline.
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be sent on or before 15th July, 2020 addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. Box 1699 – 50200
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308.
- Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
- The University does not charge any fee for the whole recruitment and selection exercise.
- Any form of canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.