Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
About The Role
This role entails overseeing all accounting procedures, project management of financial forecasts, budgets, audits, and assisting senior management in analyzing and presenting key financial data.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review Partner accounts for accuracy and prompt payments.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of cash, key general ledger accounts, and major customer accounts. Preemptively sort contested statements.
- Support on investor reporting metrics – prepare accurate, reliable monthly reports on the company’s financial performance for management/board meetings and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Coordinate with the Sales and Operations team to close new Merchant Agreements, Client Receivables, Partner payments, and Partner loans.
- Lead the annual audit.
- Increase turnaround times on client invoicing.
- Post and review all invoiced income transactions and other non-cash transactions; post all bank transactions.
- Create internal controls to safeguard the company’s assets and resources.
- Implement new financial tools to ensure efficient delivery of services.
- Streamline recurring monthly processes on postings, payroll, and taxes.
- Ensure transparent communication with all our customers and team members from the terms of conditions to updates when things break.
- Drive a culture of being transparent within your team and the rest of the Sendy team.
- Develop Sendy’s financial processes and strategies
- Participate in special projects to improve reporting, analytical tools, and internal processes to enhance the management decision process.
- Oversee accounting activities including general ledger, AR/AP, cash reconciliation, and month-end close.
- Create internal controls
- Drive own Accounting systems
- Payroll management and statutory deductions – filing and payment
- Domestic taxes and compliances – VAT, WHT, PAYE
- Monthly updating and Maintaining Fixed assets register
- Liaison – Tech issues affecting financial transactions. Xero integration
- Liaise with auditors for adhoc/year end audit for final accounts
- Provide regular reporting and analysis to leadership, board members, and investors as needed
- Work with senior management to evaluate the revenue, profit, and value creation potential of product conversion and new product introduction.
- Bachelor’s degree – Business Administration and/or Commerce – specializations in Finance or Accounting.
- A Certified Public Accountant of Kenya
- Experience with different accounting systems including Quickbooks and Xero
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
What we offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical.
- Flexible vacation.
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options