Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Field Finance and Admin Officer– AgriTech Solutions Project; The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel to Nyandarua, Siaya and Busia Counties and reports to the Project Manager – AgriTech Solutions Project.
The main responsibilities of the FFO are:
- Manage all the DCA direct implemented finance and administrative functions in Nakuru and Nyandarua counties and support the partner in financial management of the AgriTech solutions project in Busia and Siaya Counties
- Facilitate DCA implemented financial management and operational functions at the field level in close consultations with the Project Manager (PM), Finance Officer (FO) and Country Director (CD) and DCA consortium partners. This will include budgetary, procurement and security compliance in accordance with DCA guidelines and policies
- Support the day to day implementation of DCA project with logistical, procurement and administrative support. This entails effective servicing of contractual obligations with suppliers and other stakeholders. As well as a having a teaching and facilitative role to DCA and partner staff on procurement and administrative guidelines.
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Government and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program delivery
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Project Manager and/or Finance Officer from time to time.
- University level education in finance, procurement, administration or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical skills and hands on experience in budget management and financial compliance, office management, partner capacity support.
- Having a CPA(K) is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
The deadline for applications is: 12th July 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The availability of the role is contingent upon contract finalisation by the donor. The position is for 3 years. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.