Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position:Project Assistant – Financial Inclusion & Youth Empowerment
Duty Station: Kakuma Field Office
Reports to: Project Officer – Financial Inclusion
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. Our key focus areas are emergency response, livelihoods and civil society development with a specific focus on youth and women. For more information on DCA, please visit: www.danchurchaid.org
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Assistant – Financial inclusion & Youth Empowerment. The position is based in Kakuma, Turkana County and reports to the Project Officer – Financial Inclusion based in Kakuma.
The overall objective of the post is for the holder to assist in the implementation, data collection and monitoring of DCA’s livelihoods and youth empowerment project/s that enhance financial inclusion in Turkana West Sub-county. The Project Assistant will support promotion of financial inclusion/VSLA, cash-based interventions, livelihoods and youth empowerment projects and related innovation and digitization.
The main responsibilities of the PO are:
- Facilitate formation, training and monitoring of Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs) including the relevant digitisation.
- Support innovation in the sector of financial inclusion and cash-based interventions including the voucher system for farm inputs, multi-purpose cash transfer and capitalization scheme for entrepreneurs.
- Participate through training, coaching and mentorship, in the implementation of blended learning approaches to entrepreneurship, job seeking skills, and digital enabled jobs for refugees and host community youth.
- Offer field level implementation support to CBOs engaged in projects co-implemented with DCA.
- Carry out day to day data management actions including filing of project data, regular data collection, analysis and updating of relevant project data.
- Train, mentor and facilitate the interns, incentive staff and project beneficiaries to ensure successful implementation of financial inclusion, and youth empowerment activities.
- Assist in project plans development, monitoring, evaluation and learning as well as developing routine financial inclusion and youth empowerment activity reports.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Economics, Business Management, Development Studies or other related social sciences.
- A diploma with relevant experience is also acceptable.
- Proven experience in community development work with at least 2 years’ experience in financial inclusion, entrepreneurship, and employability skills promotion, preferably working with refugees and refugee-hosting communities.
- Hands on experience in cash-based interventions and private sector engagement will be an added advantage.
- A working knowledge of Turkana Turkana West Sub-county, in refugee camp or pastoral & agro-pastoralist settings is an added advantage.
- Proven technical skills and hands-on experience in digital learning contexts, teaching/facilitating adult learners and life skills development for the youth is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results-oriented in challenging rural working environments.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit online application marked “DCA-Project Assistant – Financial Inclusion /Candidate’s surname”.
CLOSING DATE is 12th July 2020
While we thank all applicants for the interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The position is initially for 5 months with possibility of extension. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.