Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Controller of Budget, this position is responsible for ensuring all theorganization’s procurement procedures are carried out in line with the Public Procurement andAsset Disposal Act, 2015 while observing best procurement practices.
- Head of the Supply Chain Management department;
- Formulate procurement and supply chain management policies that comply with the procurement laws of Kenya as stipulated in the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015;
- Formulate the annual procurement plans for goods and services in consultation with the heads of departments;
- Manage the procurement life cycle from supplier selection, contract and price negotiation maintaining client – stakeholder relationships;
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies and guidelines across the institution in accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and regulations;
- Submit the institution’s procurement of goods and services quarterly reports to the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) for compliance and statutory reporting;
- Oversee the preparation of bid documents, quotations, requests for proposals and reports;
- Coordinate the preparation of tender documents for user departments according to procurement guidelines;
- Ensure boarding and sale of unserviceable assets are disposed in accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015;
- Monitor performance targets for the department and mentor staff to enhance internal capacity for optimum service delivery;
- Review and manage supplier database for the office with a view of increasing competition and enhancing transparency;
- Implement e-procurement system for the Office of the Controller of Budget;
- Supervise and appraise staff in the department with a view to fully utilize internal capacity and maximize output;
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Must have a Diploma in Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a professional body/organization i.e. the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supplies (CIPS) in good standing;
- Must have at least eight (8) years relevant work experience from a reputable organization.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Public Finance Management Act, 2012.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
The successful candidate for the position of Chief Manager Supply Chain Management will be appointed on a three (3) year renewable contract term. All other positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service. Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
1.Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
2.Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3.Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
4.Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 14th July, 2020 AT 5.00PM.