Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Finance Department
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and reconcile the debtor ledger on a monthly basis and ensure payment of outstanding invoices. Ensure monthly dispatch of debtor statements.
- Handle debtor complaints, copy invoices, proof of delivery, credit notes and liaise internally.
- Organize and control the collection process by following the timelines set out in the Debt Collection procedures
- Ensure maximum debt collections are made as per monthly collection targets.
- Understand and interpret the measures that can be applied to speed up collections and implement the same when the need arises;
- Gain a good understanding of the information generated by the Accounts Team (statements, invoices/reports) to enable one to respond to queries from the client
- Liaise with the lawyers and follow up for progress on the cases and provide appropriate feedback to the management
- Report to Senior Accountant on outstanding debts by way of aged debtors listings periodically (as the case may be).
- Ensure compliance of the credit limits granted
- Ensuring periodic debtor’s reconciliation is carried out.
- Report weekly and monthly debt collections or as the case may be
- Ensure that the company’s credit policy is adhered to at all times.
- Oversee the trade debt collections and ensuring that the company credit policies are enforced and collections made on due dates.
- Maintain updated customer records – Invoices, credit notes and agreements
- You will be required to prepare exception reports highlighting customers who have violated the laid down credit policy
- Recommend outstanding accounts that are uncollectable for bad & doubtful debts provisioning.
- Maintain amicable customer relations with the company’s customers.
- Carry out any other assignments as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- CPA K finalist
- FMCG sector knowledge with good understanding of business dynamics of the industry will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting including coordinating audit activities and credit handling.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Good leadership skills and experience in problem solving, negotiation and turnaround management
How to Apply
Suitable candidates to send CV and cover letter to Jobs@elexproducts.com by 7th July 2020 Subject – Credit Controller
Elex Products Limited is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.