Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lori is seeking a hands-on Senior Python/Django Back-end Engineer to join our Product team based in Nairobi. As a Back-End Engineer, you will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features about the back-end. You will also be expected to be a role model for coding standards, tools, platforms and other best practices for the back-end team.
- Leading the design and development of back-end features and components
- Collaborating with other engineers in API design and development
- Scaling the back-end architecture and codebase
- Reducing the level of technical debt of the back-end codebase
- Stewarding technical standards and quality
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
- Provide peer code review
- Analyze and assess code with an insistence on quality and reliability
- BSc in Computer Science or related engineering degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience building enterprise level SaaS platforms
- Experience with our stack: Python, Django, ElasticSearch, OAuth, Postgres, Redis, Redshift, AWS hosting.
- Experience working on backend systems at scale, using technologies like MySQL, Django, Redis, Python, RESTFul APIs, etc.
- Experience building and deploying complex but well architected, maintainable, and testable application backends
- Strong object-oriented programming and test driven development skills
- Great communication skills, interacting with development, testing and product team members
- Experience working as part of an agile team and knowledge of agile process
Good to have
- DevOps Experience
- ReactJS, NodeJS,
- MSc. in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Experience in a fast paced top tech company