Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Executive Support Assistant will support the Executive staff based in Africa. This includes three Vice Presidents and a Senior Director. Duties include providing administrative, programmatic and research support. The successful candidate must be resourceful, have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, outstanding organizational skills, proven written and verbal communication skills, able to work independently, proactive, and exercises good judgment.
- Assist in scheduling and supporting the Strategy Team meetings and other related programmatic meetings.
- Support the coordination within departmental team members to ensure effective flow of information, coordination of schedules against departmental priorities.
- Provide administrative support to the Executives.
- Provide high quality support to the department, including scheduling of appointments, facilitating documents for signature/approval; monitoring and following up on issues and priorities; handle incoming correspondence, internal, and external queries; draft and handle routine correspondence, including completing expense reports and timesheets; keeping files and emails organized, making travel arrangements, schedules and packets for frequent travel
- Support professional and responsive internal and external written correspondence and verbal communication by the Executive team including follow up on incoming issues and concerns, prioritizing and drafting correspondence and where appropriate, responding on the their behalf
- Work with the Executive Assistant Board Relations in the scheduling of the Conservation Strategy and Governance Engagement Committee meetings (organization of materials, planning computer connectivity, etc.
- Sit on the Conservation Strategy and Governance Engagement meetings and draft meeting minutes. Ensure that the recorded meeting proceedings are organized and maintained including electronic filing
- Undertake research and provide support for the production of articles, knowledge products and other writing as requested
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive team including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Ensure country directors/coordinators or focal points are providing reports per the agreed scheduled by respective VPs and Senior Director, Project Management and Patnerships and following up directly with them.
- Facilitate meeting/conference set-ups, programs, and program participants tasked to the VPs; alerting the respective Executives in timely manner
- Work closely and effectively with the Executive to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Maintain confidential records and files.
- Perform ad hoc duties and other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, management or related field.
- Minimum of 5years of relevant, demonstrated experience in office administration or in an executive support function
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professionalism
- Exceptional reporting & desktop research skills
- Ability to work under pressure with high levels of flexibility
- Excellent organizational aptitude and coordinating ability
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of French desired
- Ability to pay attention to detail and meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite especially Word and PowerPoint
- Interest in environment, natural resource conservation and development
- Experience interacting across cultures and other diversities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Emotional maturity and openness to learning and growing
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
African Wildlife Foundation is committed to recruit and hire qualified staff and to treat its employees equally in all respects, without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, gender identification, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical handicap, HIV status, matriculation and political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered unlawfully discriminatory under any applicable law.