Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Provide formative research and monitoring and evaluation of vegetable business networks in the Veggies 4 Planet & People Project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a participatory appraisal of existing vegetable business networks in different parts of the country.
- Conduct baseline, mid-term, and end line evaluation studies of the project, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Facilitation of participatory monitoring and evaluation processes of vegetable business networks using regenerative agricultural technologies, post-harvest practices, and circular agri-business practices.
- Monitoring and evaluation of vegetable seed supply systems in liaison with private seed companies.
- Carry out profitability studies of vegetable production and vegetable businesses.
- In liaison with stakeholders, colleagues and partners, promote innovations and processes that improve efficiencies in the vegetable value chains.
- Promote youth and gender empowerment in vegetable business networks through implementing partners.
- Document evidence and lessons learned into high quality documents or media for dissemination.
- Liaise with Media Officer and media partners to influence behavioral change of producers towards adoption of generative technologies and circular agri-business practices.
- Interact with policy makers and produce research briefs to influence policy towards a more enabling environment for vegetable business networks and sustainable agricultural practices.
- Technical progress and other evaluation reports of grammatically correct and scientific standards.
- Facilitate partner meetings and learning events.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Kenya Country Director.
- Master’s degree in agri-business, socioeconomics, or other related sciences.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an international non-governmental organization (NGO) or company.
- Proven experience in participatory appraisals, qualitative and quantitative evaluation studies, baseline studies, and impact assessments.
- Proven ability to extract evidence and lessons learned from evaluation exercises and turn these into high quality documents for dissemination.
- Proven experience in profitability studies.
- Affinity with youth and women empowerment approaches, and planetary health.
- Experience in policy dialogues, advocacy, and media use is an advantage.
- Experience with the commercial seed sector or research on seed systems is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in MS‐office applications (Word, Excel, Power point).
· Team player with excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partners and colleagues in a multi-cultural setting.