Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To provide agricultural training and advice to partners in the Veggies 4 Planet & People Project and to manage agronomic on-farm experiments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Economist in conducting a participatory appraisal regarding existing regenerative agricultural practices in vegetable value chains; assist in mid-term and end line evaluation studies.
- Providing comprehensive training and technical guidance to field officers of project partners and government extension staff regarding organic horticultural practices, bio-control of pests and diseases, regenerative agricultural practices, post-harvest technologies, and circular agribusiness solutions.
- Carry out participatory on-farm research on regenerative vegetable technologies and post-harvest technologies:
o design experiments with scientists from headquarters and farmers in the field
o implement; monitor, collect and report data
o conduct preliminary analysis
o reflect with farmers, partners and researchers
o report findings and conclusions
- Create partnerships and synergies with the private seed sector to improve availability, accessibility, affordability and quality of vegetable seed supplies to vegetable producers.
- Technical progress reporting of grammatically correct and scientific standards.
- Liaison with the Media Officer to produce information and materials to be used for influencing social behavioral change towards adoption of regenerative practices and increased consumption of traditional and other vegetables.
- Facilitate partner meetings and learning events.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Kenya Country Director.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, natural resource management, or horticulture related sciences.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an international non-governmental organization (NGO) or company.
- Proven experience in training of field workers.
- Proven experience in conducting or facilitating on-farm participatory research.
- Thorough knowledge of vegetable agronomy, and preferably also knowledge of traditional African vegetables.
- Affinity with youth and women empowerment approaches, and planetary health.
- Excellent computer skills in MS‐office applications (Word, Excel, Power point).
Team player with excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partners and colleagues in a multi-cultural setting.