Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
In this role you will provide research, writing, coordination and logistics support to WRI’s Vice President and Regional Director for Africa. Working directly with the Regional Director, you will serve as the main point of contact for external enquiries as well as engage in day-to-day priorities.
This role offers you the opportunity to work with WRI Global and WRI Africa leadership as well as teams from around the Institute, providing you a unique vantage point at a leading think tank. This is an excellent opportunity if you have a passion for the environment and development and want to contribute meaningfully to advancing our mission across the continent.
WRI is committed to ensuring gender equity across our program portfolios. As such, you will support attention to gender where appropriate.
Administrative & Coordination Support to the Regional Director (30%)
- Assist in organizing and coordinating RD’s internal and external meetings
- Represent the Regional Director (RD) as appropriate in the planning of workshops, conferences and other dissemination activities
- Assist in liaising with external partners and WRI colleagues across programs and countries
- Create a strategy for scheduling and agenda-setting to help the RD identify and prioritize fundraising, speaking and partnership opportunities
- Record minutes of RD meetings and ensure appropriate follow-up of all internal and external engagements • Arrange international and domestic travel
- Use office software to create drafts and summaries, including meeting pre-briefs and de-briefs • Assist with expense report preparation
- Assist with the management of workspace allocations
Research & Communications Support to the Regional Director (30%)
- Provide research assistance to the Regional Director on environment and development issues related to WRI’s areas of expertise
- Work with program staff to prepare briefing notes, speeches, and presentations for both internal and external audiences for the Regional Director
- Liaise with the communications team to ensure RDs active engagement in social media, documentation of important meetings and events (photos), and sharing of important calendar events
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of high-quality graphics and visuals for the RD
- Assist the Communications team to ensure RDs engagement in key WRI events and productions
Event and Communications Coordination (25%)
- Ensure smooth execution of Regional Director initiated external events through planning, logistics, outreach and preparation of background materials
- Assist the Operations team in organizing team retreats and activities
- Operate communication software in conference rooms, and host international and multi-party conference and video calls effectively
- Assist with other communication tasks a requested by the RD
Special Projects (15%)
- Represent WRI Africa in the WRI Sustainability Initiative
- Work on other tasks as assigned
- Engage with special WRI projects that support WRI Africa’s visibility and profile raising
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in business administration, sustainable-development, economics, public policy, communications, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (including internships and extracurriculars)
- Excellent research, communications, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated passion for WRI’s mission, including a working knowledge of key issues within WRI’s portfolio;
- Superb attention to detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Understanding and of social media engagement
- Some experience with quantitative data analysis is a plus
How to Apply
Click Here To Apply
Submission of a cover letter and CV/resume is required. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.